I am lucky to be an American. I am lucky to be an American woman. While there is much to celebrate this July 4th. While July 4th celebrates independence it also is time to revisit the many ways to articulate “freedom.” Below you will find some of my favorite quotes and links that help us remember the past and protect the future.
Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.
Viktor E. Frankl
For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.
Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage’s whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Civilization is the process of setting man free from men.
2) #Freedom: Treasure Trove of Abraham Lincoln with Bill Moyers @BillMoyersHQ
3) #Freedom: What Eisenhower Taught Me About Decision Making after all, freedom = choice
4) #Freedom: : I Have a Dream with Martin Luther King transcript
5) #Freedom: Thomas Jefferson Center for the Protection of Free Speech The 2015 Muzzle Awards
7) #Freedom: Man’s Search for Meaning with Victor Frankl
8) #Freedom: Five Tips for Thinking Open Source with @Ogunte
9) #Freedom: Consciousness & Free Will with Daniel Dennett
10: #Freedom: From the great disruption toward the great distribution my guest post on @the_OS_
I am the eagle, I live in high country in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky.
I am the hawk, and there’s blood on my feathers.
But time is still turning, they soon will be dry.
And all those who see me, and all who believe in me
share in the freedom I feel when I fly.
Come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops.
Sail o’er the canyons and up to the stars.
And reach for the heavens and hope for the future
and all that we can be, and not what we are.
Let us continue to soar,