For the next two days I will be taking a deep dive into social innovation #socinn at the Social Innovation Summit 2013 taking place at the United Nations. The summit connects and inspires a global network of leaders to discuss the key strategies and business innovations creating social transformation across the corporate, investment, government, and non-profit sectors.
Participants include hundreds of top Fortune 500 Corporate Executives, Venture Capitalists, Government Leaders, Foundation Heads and Social Entrepreneurs eager to discuss global challenges, analyze innovative approaches for problem-solving, and build lasting partnerships that enable them and their organizations to maximize social impact. I was selected as one of three who will be dedicated to amplifying the whole experience as Social Media Ambassador. It is an honor to be selected, it will be an honor to get front row at this very important conversation at this very important inflection time.
My introduction to the social innovation conversation began last October at Sibos where I was thrilled to meet Professor Yunus. He was talking about the importance of making a difference in addition to making a living. He also had a strong statement to the financial community, “Don’t ask me if I am worthy of credit, banks. I ask you, if you are worthy of people.” With galvanized organizations like Social Capital Markets (@socap) there is more awareness and amplification of those who are leading the way as socially conscious businesses. Those leaders with generous hearts are gaining momentum and scaling with ever increasing business savvy and design for scale capabilities. It, however, is not at the level of mainstream that we need for the significant tipping point for real positive disruption. There is not yet enough peer pressure against ponzi schemes and multi-level marketing businesses that sell low self esteem products to people who already cannot afford more gimmicks. Changing the channel market of how someone sells doesn’t shift the mindset or the intent of the seller. I won’t feel satisfied until each person that creates an economic exchange realizes that it is life for life being traded. We still have far to go, dear Wittgenstein.
Here are the links that will help support your getting your arms around social innovation at this particular moment:
1) Social Innovation Summit 2013
2) Twitter addresses for #SIS13 speakers
https://twitter.com/JenniferSertl/social-innovation-socinn … #a3r #socinn
3) Impact is not an option ~ my plea for personal leadership
4) Force Function: How Brands & B2B is Impacted by Social via @VivaldiPartners
5) 40+ Platforms for Social Change by @P2P_Foundation
6) Seven Acupuncture Points for Shifting Capitalism to Create a Regenerative Ecosystem Economy by Otto Scharmer @ottoscharmer1
7) Raising the game beyond profit / non-profit: Three Questions for Innovation Leaders by David Wilcox @reachscale
8) Social Entrepreneurship vs. Social Innovation by David Wilcox @reachscale
9) Social Leadership Awards by Servane Mouazan @ogunte
10) Global View: European Commission Report Social Innovation http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/sources/docgener/presenta/social_innovation/social_innovation_2013.pdf